|MetaFilter's site and server can always use upgrades of hardware, software, and bandwidth, as well as more stable funding for continued support of its small but high-skilled moderation and backend team! If you'd like to chip in, you can donate to Metafilter.|
From Mefi WikiJump to navigationJump to search
All the threads that have exposed the shocking practices of our fellow Metafilterians.
In The Bathroom
- Sitting vs. Standing - do you wipe your butt from a seated or a standing position?
- Flushing tampons - yes or no? Sometimes?
- Holy wars about toilet paper
- The flap is for peeing through, yes or no?
- Peeing in the Shower - OK, OK sometimes, or never OK?
- Which way do you face in the shower?
- Washing your legs? People do that?
- Do you dry your feet before exiting the shower?
- What is the Proper Way to Prepare a Toothbrush to Brush Your Teeth?
- how and where do you cut your toenails?
In the Bedroom
- Top Sheet vs. No Top Sheet - do you use sheets and blankets or a duvet cover only?
- Underwear + pajamas - do you wear underwear under pjs? Do you sleep in your bra? Do you wear socks to bed?
- Sheets on the bed - do you sleep with them tucked in?
- Cleaning up after sex, how does that work exactly?
- Which bedding do you wash between guests?
In the Laundry
- Washing newly bought fabric stuff - necessary, sometimes necessary, never?
- Washing towels or bras? How often?
In the Kitchen
- What goes in the fridge - things like eggs? butter? what?
- Loading the dishwasher. We all know how that goes, right? No?
- Sandwiches, discuss. Pizza? Burrito?
- Is cereal soup?
- Is quiche pie?
- Is stale water a thing?
- How much is half a deviled egg?
- How clean do you pick your bones? #CleanBone vs #SloppyBoner
In Your Car
- Passing in the slow lane?
- Merging. What is the deal with merging?
- Parking - front or back?
What is time anyway?
- "The 5 o'clock meeting has been pushed forward 1 hour," When is the meeting?
- What exactly do you mean by "next weekend"?
- Do you see a calendar in your head?
What (Not) to Wear
- Shoes on or Off in the House - do you wear shoes in the house, do you require guests to be shoes off in your house?
- Hats! Is it rude to wear them indoors still?
- Shoes and socks - when you put them on, is it sock-shoe-sock-shoe or something else?
- Afterpants - this is a thing, or not?
- Money gifts at weddings? Yes, no, sometimes?
- Dog poop in a baggie. OK to toss in others' garbage?
- Grocery store lines. Can you save your place with your cart when you go get one more thing?
- Get to the airport early, or just in time?