|MetaFilter's site and server can always use upgrades of hardware, software, and bandwidth, as well as more stable funding for continued support of its small but high-skilled moderation and backend team! If you'd like to chip in, you can donate to Metafilter.|
If you're reading Metafilter on a mobile device, here are some tips & tricks.
The mobile version of Metafilter was originally formatted for the iPhone, & development halted because the standard version worked well enough.
In November 2009, a new stylesheet for the iPhone appeared, with a "skip to menu" button that goes to the bottom of the page.
- Load mobile stylesheet, or go back to the standard stylesheet (iPhone-only links)
- If you're using another browser, using another User Agent lets you access this.
- On Android, the Steel browser allows this.
Loading new comments without losing your place
To reload without losing my place:
- click on a timestamp near the end
- click on the time bar at the top to go up
- select the location bar & hit 'go'
This puts me back where I was.