|MetaFilter's site and server can always use upgrades of hardware, software, and bandwidth, as well as more stable funding for continued support of its small but high-skilled moderation and backend team! If you'd like to chip in, you can donate to Metafilter.|
From Mefi Wiki
- January 2005 - nalihasan announces that she'll be "studying MetaFilter this semester for an e-communities class project." Here's the Wayback Machine for the given link, but the findings are absent.
- January 2006 - Quartermass posts his masters thesis, "Capital and Stratification within Virtual Community: A Case Study of Metafilter.com."
- May 2009 - "Exploring the dynamics of blog communities: the case of MetaFilter" is linked from Metatalk; it's an academic paper, and I don't think it's by mefites.
- March 2010 iamkimiam posts the first MetaFilter Pronunciation Survey. Her research continues.
- April 2011 - anderjen posted a survey about comments on AskMe. I couldn't find a report.
- October 2011 - "Four mefites collaborated on a Metafilter-themed panel last month at at the Association of Internet Researchers's 12th annual Internet Research conference... The three actual academics involved are iamkimiam, lewistate, and DiscourseMarker" and cortex also presented the Infodump. There are presentation notes, slides, audio, and whatnot.
- April 2013 - RIABAMFR posts a survey "to get a better understanding of user activity on MetaFilter," for their master thesis.
- April 2015 - Dr. iamkimiam publishes “Sociophonetic Variation and Enregisterment in an Online Community of Practice: A Case Study of MetaFilter.com”