|MetaFilter's site and server can always use upgrades of hardware, software, and bandwidth, as well as more stable funding for continued support of its small but high-skilled moderation and backend team! If you'd like to chip in, you can donate to Metafilter.|
From Mefi Wiki
Metafilter has brought together many happy couples! If you're comfortable giving Metafilter the credit, why don't you add yourself to the list?
- Greg Nog and likeatoaster met at a party thrown by zoomorphic and Optimus Chyme. They were introduced by stynxno.
- Miko and Lipstick Thespian met on MetaChat in 2005. They were married on June 8, 2014 at a farm in New Hampshire.
- Uncle Ira and Unicorn on the Cob met in a Metafilter post about Choe U-Ram and got engaged on May 28, 2010. They used AskMe to plan their honeymoon in Tokyo. They married on Nov. 6, 2010 at the Rothko Chapel in Houston, Texas.
- Elizard and BitterOldPunk announced their engagement via Twitter with the #IMarriedAMefite hash tag - 1 & 2. They were married on July 27, 2009.
- TheDonF and Specklet started off as Metazens before spending more time on MetaChat, where they met. They married in June 2008 with EssexJan and cmonkey acting as witnesses. It was announced on MetaChat. On 18 July 2009 they had a ring exchange ceremony that cmonkey, recently ordained as a minister with the universal church of life, officiated in front of friends and family.
- Mick and Keli met on a blind date in 2002. Keli already knew they'd hit it off as she'd noticed him on MetaFilter months earlier being a smart-ass. They married a few years later.