|MetaFilter's site and server can always use upgrades of hardware, software, and bandwidth, as well as more stable funding for continued support of its small but high-skilled moderation and backend team! If you'd like to chip in, you can donate to Metafilter.|
From Mefi Wiki
Habits & Gamification
General Habit Acquisition
- Behavior Change Through Reinforcement
- Sticking with Habits
- Restructuring Automatic Habits
- How to quit quitting
- Techniques for Creating New Habits
- Habit Logging
- Late in Life Habit Change
What is Gamification?
- "The process of using game thinking and game mechanics to engage users and solve problems." - Gabe Zichermann, co-author of the book Game-Based Marketing More from NPR and Wikipedia
- A look at gamification's applications and limitations from O'Reilly Radar
- Points and badges ... are great tools for communicating progress and acknowledging effort, but neither points nor badges in any way constitute a game. Games just use them ... to help people visualise things they might otherwise lose track of.
- "...gamification advocates ... (are) selling a pernicious worldview that doesn't give weight to literal truth"
- Homo Ludens
- Don't Shoot the Dog
- One Small Step can Change your Life: Kaizen
- Which Books are Required Reading for Gamification?