|MetaFilter's site and server can always use upgrades of hardware, software, and bandwidth, as well as more stable funding for continued support of its small but high-skilled moderation and backend team! If you'd like to chip in, you can donate to Metafilter.|
Here's the place to offer prizes for the 2015 Mefites' Choice best post contest.
- For details/rules, see this year's announcement on MetaTalk.
- For past years, see Contests/MeFitesChoice.
Sign up below, and say what you're offering and what kind of post it will go to (or whatever other conditions you want to impose).
- LobsterMitten offers: $20 same as in town, for: the best post tagged "jokes"
- The site will award: $25 toward a purchase of your choice from the Mefi Mall, to: the best post of each week as voted by members using the Fantastic flag.
Here's some info on Help:Editing
Week 1 (Dec. 1-8) offerings
- jessamyn will offer 25 random catalog cards and a few library stamps to her favorite post from Week One
Week 2 (Dec. 8-15) offerings
Week 3 (Dec. 15-22) offerings
Week 4 (Dec. 22-31) offerings
(Note: The last week of the contest will be a little long, but includes Christmas and New Years Eve which tend to be lighter days)
- capricorn believes her birthday (Dec. 30) should be celebrated as a national holiday, so she will offer a party-themed prize to the most-favorited post on Dec. 30 that does not also win another Best Post Contest prize
- jessamyn will offer another assortment of catalog cards and library stamps to her favorite post between Christmas and Solstice (December 21-25)
- phunniemee will draw (poorly) anything the winner wants on a notecard for the cute animal slyt post that earns the most favorites.
- everybody had matching towels will mail a delicious pound cake to whoever makes the best post tagged "sports."
- Etrigan will give the winner their choice of any available Fluxx deck to whomever makes the best post about games or gaming.
- DevilsAdvocate will award to the poster of the best post with a supervocalic title, their choice of supervocalic item(s), total cost not to exceed twenty-six US dollars. (supervocalic = using each of the vowels a, e, i, o and u exactly once; and using the letter y at most once)
- rangefinder 1.4 will send a picture postcard to the author of her favorite post about a woman or women doing awesome things (hat tip to ocherdraco). In case of a tie, each winner will receive a postcard.
- Kabanos will award a custom designed and/or illustrated commemorative poster of the Best FPP of the Month (as determined by fantastic flags and other random criteria).
- ThePinkSuperhero will award a video of herself lip-synching the Broadway song of your choice to the poster of the best post tagged "Hamilton".
- Sophie1 will send something homemade to the poster of the best post about baking, crafting or homemaking determined by Sophie1.
- knuckle tattoos will gift a Steam copy of Undertale to whoever makes the best post tagged "anime."
- divabat will mail an aerogram from Malaysia to the best post about something outside the US that is not a current news story.
- zarq will send one or two Amazon gift cards.
- Secretariat will award one rad hen cap to the best post written 'mad ape den' style- that is, using only words with three letters or less. For example: Is Mad Ape Den gab fun? Yes it is! (The post may be about any topic.)
- (add yours here)
- (add yours here)
Week 1 (Dec. 1-8) winners
- Metatalk post
- Overall Mefite's Choice award: One great rock show can change the world, a tribute to The School of Rock, by Rhaomi
Week 2 (Dec. 8-15) winners
Week 3 (Dec. 15-22) winners
Week 4 (Dec. 22-31) winners
- Metatalk post
- Overall Mefites' Choice Award winner: The single most important instrument in the history of baseball by dirtdirt