|MetaFilter's site and server can always use upgrades of hardware, software, and bandwidth, as well as more stable funding for continued support of its small but high-skilled moderation and backend team! If you'd like to chip in, you can donate to Metafilter.|
As you compose a post to Metafilter, here are some things to keep in mind.
You should meet these criteria before posting. via jessamyn:
- [ ] I am not just me being peevish, I sincerely think this topic needs the attention of the whole community
- [ ] This is not something that would be better suited by an email to the mods or the individual involved
- [ ] I am more or less sober
- [ ] I am not linking to a comment that, once it is inevitably deleted, will make this entire thread moot
- [ ] I do not have a hate-on for a particular individual which I am waggling around in making this post
- [ ] I do not, at this time, need a hug
possible additions: I know about the mod contact page, I know my writing will be treated mercilessly
Providing this information is a good start. via jessamyn:
- [ ] seen a doctor already, they said it was nothing
- [ ] seen a doctor, they said it was nothing but NOW IT'S WORSE, do I go back?
- [ ] hate all doctors, don't tell me to see one or I will hate you too
- [ ] would go to doctor if I could afford one
- [ ] have an appointment but it's not for _______ days, do I need to go earlier?
- [ ] are there homeopathic ways to treat this?
Here are some obvious mistakes to avoid. via _aa_:
- [ ] Searched for doubles?
- [ ] Not a self-link?
- [ ] Not a newsfilter?
- [ ] Not an axegrindfilter?
- [ ] Tested links?
- [ ] Proofread for typos?
- [ ] Proofread for spelling?
- [ ] Proofread for quality?
possible addition: check for doubles via url & by tags