|MetaFilter's site and server can always use upgrades of hardware, software, and bandwidth, as well as more stable funding for continued support of its small but high-skilled moderation and backend team! If you'd like to chip in, you can donate to Metafilter.|
The moderators, a.k.a. the mods, are in charge of Metafilter and have a variety of administrative responsibilities. The contact form is the quickest way to get in touch with the Mod team -- it sends an email to all of them at once.
- Josh Millard, aka cortex, since February 2007.
- Jeremy Preacher, aka restless_nomad, since April 2011. She is most frequently on duty on the weekend.
- taz, since September 2011. She is most frequently on duty when it is night in the Western hemisphere.
- LobsterMitten, from October 2012 to May 2014. Returned as full time staff when Matt retired in March 2015.
- Paul Hunt, aka goodnewsfortheinsane, from October 2012 to May 2014. Returned as part time staff later in 2014.
- Eyebrows McGee joined the staff as a part-timer and often weekend mod in January 2016.
- vacapinta, since May 2008. Based in London, he's the "in case of emergency" midnight mod, because sometimes spammers work at night.
- frimble keeps the site's back end running smoothly. He handles coding, bugfixes and feature builds. frimble is not a mod but he will delete posts if needed.
- Matt Haughey, aka mathowie, since day one. Retired March 2015
- Jessamyn West, aka jessamyn, from January 2005 to May 2014.
- pb was MetaFilter's tech person for nine years, departing in April 2016.
Partially taken from the FAQ: "Who's in charge here?"
Now they all watch the flagged posts pile up, delete questionable posts, occasionally post to the sideblog, and settle any disputes that might arise. You can email all the mods at once using the contact form.