|MetaFilter's site and server can always use upgrades of hardware, software, and bandwidth, as well as more stable funding for continued support of its small but high-skilled moderation and backend team! If you'd like to chip in, you can donate to Metafilter.|
Note: After this comment in MetaTalk that followed many similar requests in several recent MetaTalk threads, this page is for Mefites to gather links and accessible resources to help other Mefites understand feminism better, and to then understand themselves and others better, and then to do better.
General advice for having a better discussion:
- “Believe people when they tell you about things in their own lives.”
- “Don’t make abstract theoretical statements about classes of people. They’re right here and they can speak for themselves.”
- “If you’re about to ask ‘Why don’t they just...’ you are probably about to offend.” source
Relevant Mefi Posts and Comments
- 2017 FPP I insist on the word feminist or feminism by roolya_boolya about Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie that is chock full of links to books, article, videos, and more.
- 2018 FPP Feminist things to do over summer by mosessis with a round up of recommendations for pretty much what it says on the tin, but not limited to summer of course.