|MetaFilter's site and server can always use upgrades of hardware, software, and bandwidth, as well as more stable funding for continued support of its small but high-skilled moderation and backend team! If you'd like to chip in, you can donate to Metafilter.|
From Mefi Wiki
Users sometimes like to make comments in the form of short stories and fables, as discussed in MetaTalk. Some are fiction; some eloquently recounted personal experiences. Both are represented here.
- freebird has some personal favorites: Environmental Offsets, Manatees, and Watchmaker. But, freebird's contributions are far more extensive than that: Elevator to the third world, GPS Controlled Robot Tractors, Fifth Warden of the Black Deeps, Henry Rollins Blogs, Flying Cars, United States of 24, Opera Star, Themistocles and Close Encounter of the Argonian Kind.
- robocop is bleeding feels weird typing about himself in the third person, but his cataloger instincts can't be denied: Early attempts: Fort Kennebunk, Nemesis, Six's Lament, "Beautiful Agent", and Lock-Bots. Tragic Tales: Come back, Jeff!, Carl Monday is Killing Our Children, Brood X and Yakov Gets His Drink On. Attempts at political/topical commentary: No Moral Impact, Tippecanoe and LoC Too, and Protocols of the Elders of Keith. Secret Animal Histories: Secret Fuzzy History of WWII, Giant Enemy Crabs Were Just The Beginning, and Legal Creatures. Nerdly Content: Dracula And YOU! and Jack Kepler, PI. Poetry: Squids in the Night, Pluto, Thou Shalt Always Filter (awesome version performed by chrismear here) and MacFilter. Popular Favorites: The Wheel In My Mind, George Musser's New God and a Lois Lane centered superhero movie.
- ND¢'s movie pitch, "I Impregnate Married Women." , "The Origin of AstroZombie 2" and The Real Story of Edison, Tesla and Topsy the elephant.
- Troutfishing's White House Pizza Room.
- headspace's "Stream."
- skyanth's "Seven".
- afroblanco's "Banker John"
- brheavy's "Biking around Lake Michigan"
- bigbigdog's "Shootin' Irons"
- Galvatron's takedown, "Until You Learn Subtlety"
- fake's "Youth of Death"
- Ian A.T.'s "The End of AskMe"
- Jessamyn's retelling of Arthur Lobel's "Moral Tale of Frog & Toad"
- Astro Zombie has Saved Soviet Jews From Cookies, Played Chess With Stanley Kubrick, Raged Against Anonymity, found a baby on his doorstep, had his Testicles Taken by Feminists, explained the true, and hideous, nature of overthinking, and told the story of how he became a male groupie.
- verstegan's Treatise on the Utility of Flagging.
- allkindsoftime's Craigslist dating, While she was sleeping, and A future with no bees. Also, he aims to one day sneak a comment fable into AskMe, somehow.